SwiftClan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feb 2015 Allegiances Discussion

2 posters

Go down

Feb 2015 Allegiances Discussion Empty Feb 2015 Allegiances Discussion

Post by Redfeather Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:18 pm

• Lettucestar will run the next allegiances.

Notes for keeping an allegiances update log on forumotion:
• Create a thread with an appropriate title in the Clan Discussions section.
• The first post must contain the first version of the allegiances.
• Each time an update is made to the allegiances, post the new allegiances in a spoiler and any cats that were added in another spoiler.
• If we include an section for family trees, post the new version anytime it is updated as well.
• If you'd like, you can post the allegiances in this coding so you can see how it would look like on the forumotion site:
Code:
[table style="background: #1C3C41; border: 1px solid #000000; color: #C2C2DA; padding: 6px 6px 6px 40px; width: 99%; border-radius: 3px 3px 3px 3px;"][tr][td]

ALLEGIANCES AND STUFF GO HERE

[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]
(Here's what I did with the previous version if you would like to compare: link)

I think it might be easier if we make everyoneeeee repost their forms. Just 'cause otherwise we have to go through the current and not entirely updated allegiances to extract their characters.
Now some things we need to decide:
• Will format be the same as in the previous allegiances?
• Should we use the same font?
• Colour scheme? This was our previous one:
Black Colour
Blue Colour
Green Colour
White Colour
Pink Colour
Yellow Colour
But maybe for the names we can use these colours from the first allegiances:
-Foxwhisker~ (Foxwhisker) - Orange tabby she-cat with white front paws and light blue...
-Lightningtail~ (Plummice) - large, muscular tom cat. red, blaze pelt with a black stripe...
-Foxwhisker~ (Foxwhisker) - Orange tabby she-cat with white front paws and light blue...
-Lightningtail~ (Plummice) - large, muscular tom cat. red, blaze pelt with a black stripe...
(The brighter one is actually the default colour, so you don't need to put the coding for the brighter ones (and trust me that makes it 1000x times easier)

Last edited by Redfeather on Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:44 pm; edited 3 times in total
Redfeather
Redfeather
Deputy

Female Posts : 242

Back to top Go down

Feb 2015 Allegiances Discussion Empty Re: Feb 2015 Allegiances Discussion

Post by Redfeather Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:27 pm

Clan Members:
Redfeather
Redfeather
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamflame Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:36 pm

Okay
Dreamflame
Dreamflame
Medicine Cat

Female Posts : 144

Back to top Go down

Post by Redfeather Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:28 am

So here's pretty much how the allegiances look:
Allegiances:
So the design basically is:
• All centered
• All bolded
• Separates living, starclan, and dark forest
• Features these colours/sizes:
Main Title, size 30
Subtitle, size 20; Forms Not Submitted
***Rank Headings***
CatA (User) - Desc.
CatB (User) - Desc.
StarClan Divider, size 20
***Starclan***
Dark Forest Divider, size 20
***Dark Forest***
EvilCatA (User) - Desc.
EvilCatB (User) - Desc.

Here are some of my thoughts on the design:
• Not a fan of all the centering, makes it harder to read the character's name/username with them all over the place.
• Maybe bolding can just be used to emphasize things? It's fine as it is, but if it was used more targeted, it could make the allegiances seem neater. Leafy suggests just bolding character names/usernames.
• Too many colours, many colours that don't suit background or each other.
• So many different sizes used throughout, a lot of their uses seem a bit overdone, but perhaps that's just an effect from the colour choice.
Three 'sections' (divided by size 20 headings), kind of excessive. Maybe there could just be a division for the living and the dead?
• Although I like the colours used for the living cats, I'm still thinking I prefered the ones from the first allegiances:
Leafy says she likes it too, but she'd prefer a more saturated green for them.
Different colours can be used for the living and the dead, but subtle differences between the groups would be preferred. Something like living are more saturated while dead are duller, or maybe darker, or whatever. If you want StarClan and Dark Forest to have different hues, just change the hue between them but keep the rest of the values (maybe) so they appear to have a closer style together.
• SwiftClan prides itself on being one of the more traditional Clans, closer to the books than most of the other Clans on tfm. Trying to keep allegiances design closely related to those in the books is suggested (https://i.imgur.com/w56QkLf.jpg)
• Add an easy to read and fill out form. New members are easily confused, especially if this will be their first roleplaying clan. Give them something that's easy to fill out (should include character name, username, and description). Also, I think we shouldn't add any personality or back stories in the allegiances, the allegiances are just for characters and their physical appearance/disabilities (blind, broken/missing limb, etc)
• Maybe continue with the system of using an asterisk (*) to indicate an apprentice or kit without a mentor or queen and a squiggle thingy (~) to indicate fursona. It's a good indicator for high ranks when it comes to organizing ranks and relations.

I don't think there's anything else I can think up of for now, and sorry this list is so long and critical. I'm really picky with allegiances and design stuff :P
Redfeather
Redfeather
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamflame Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:27 am

The color is for my own mental organization so far, I'd already planned to fix it.

The form was designated without permission by Koe but she doesn't want to remove it since they're convinced that I want it gone for my own convenience. if you guys could tell ehr to remove it...?

I'll fix the bold centerish shiz later, though I'll keep the dramatic flair, but tone down the bold and font size.
Dreamflame
Dreamflame
Medicine Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Redfeather Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:48 pm

Dreamflame wrote:The color is for my own mental organization so far, I'd already planned to fix it.

The form was designated without permission by Koe but she doesn't want to remove it since they're convinced that I want it gone for my own convenience. if you guys could tell ehr to remove it...?

I'll fix the bold centerish shiz later, though I'll keep the dramatic flair, but tone down the bold and font size.
Okie dokie, I'm pretty sure you're going to be much better at running the allegiances than I was lol

ummmm
Do you think maybe you could ask Leafeh about it next time you're both on ('cause chances are I'm going to forget to tell her) because I'm pretty sure she'd be better at asking her than me. Afterwards (or maybe nowwards[?]) You could put whatever form you come up with in that first post in the thread, maybe before the allegiances so people see it first? Or in the second post so it doesn't distract? Idk, whatever you think would be best.

And if you're okay with, apparently people who have the ability to manage forums can edit the first posts in threads, so if you want you can get someone who has the privileges [I forget which users have them] to help you out with updating. (I know my account can, so you can get Leafy to do that through my account or I could even do it in my spare time).

Oh yeah, another note I forgot, could you post on that allegiances thread whenever you've added characters/updated it (you don't have to do it yet, but maybe like in a couple of weeks or whatever (at least once the design is definite)

Also, did you know you can post things in multiple tabsssss? I think I may have come across this before but I didn't process it until nowwwww. Super rad.
I have an example of it in the most recent post in the chat thread.

Also also, I'm pretty good at misunderstandings [yay for lack of social skills] so I'd just like to know what is meant by 'dramatic flair'?

Also also also, once you have an idea for colours, could you post it them? It could be just the colours, doesn't have to be part of the rest of the allegiances
Redfeather
Redfeather
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by Redfeather Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:26 pm

So here's pretty much how the allegiances look:
Allegiances:

So here's the current colour/size scheme
Main Title, size 30
Subtitle, size 20; Forms Not Submitted
***Rank Headings***
CatA (User) - Desc.
CatB (User) - Desc.
StarClan Divider, size 20
***Starclan***
Dark Forest Divider, size 20
***Dark Forest***
EvilCatA (User) - Desc.
EvilCatB (User) - Desc.

But what if we change it to something like this?

Main Title #9face1
Subtitle; Forms Not Submitted [Default colour, c2c2da]
***Rank Headings*** #7c77cc
CatA (User) - Desc. #4bbb84
CatB (User) - Desc. #90cc90
Dead Divider #909ccc
***Starclan*** #7c77cc
***Dark Forest*** #7c77cc
DeadCatA (User) - Desc. #90cc90
DeadCatB (User) - Desc. #c1d9c1

Main title/subtitle colours can be interchanged. Here's how it would look in action (along with centering changed):
Action:
In retrospect, this doesn't look as great as it did in my mind
Redfeather
Redfeather
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamflame Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:24 pm

The dramatic words, they were deemed dramatic by others.

Leaf and Lastgolden can manage with me?
Dreamflame
Dreamflame
Medicine Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamflame Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:04 pm

Psh, I'll fix the colours when the forums stop making me crash
Dreamflame
Dreamflame
Medicine Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Redfeather Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:18 pm

Updated the allegiances
Original:

New:
New:
Redfeather
Redfeather
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by Redfeather Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:25 pm

Spoiler:
Redfeather
Redfeather
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by Redfeather Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:49 pm

Cats active since 2015:
Spoiler:
Redfeather
Redfeather
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by Redfeather Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:23 pm

[#ALLEGIANCES][p=center]Welcome to the clan... Swiftclan.[/p]
[p=center]Meet the brave, the strong, the swift[/p]

***LEADER***
-Hazelstar~ (Hazellleaf) - Hazel coloured she-cat with white on the belly and paws and green eyes

***DEPUTY***
-Flamewing~ (Roskit)- Form not entered
-Redfeather~ (Redfeatherz) - Reddish-brown, tall, and thin she-cat, darker ear tips and stripe down the back, creamy belly and tail tip, and green eyes; back-up deputy

***MEDICINE CATS***
-Dreamflame~ (Lettucestar) - Black medium-sized she-cat with a single white back paw, dark golden eyes.
-Lavenderwing~ (Leavez/Lavenderwing) - She-cat with green eyes, black coat, white belly to chin, (Like in avatar), white left paw and white tail tip.
APPRENTICE, Nightpaw

-Nightpaw~ (Fawnfox) - Black she-cat with white spots on her belly and icey blue eyes

***WARRIORS***
-Europadawn~ (Annajenna) - Reddish brown she-cat with grey green eyes. Has a black undercoat and the tip of her tail is black.
-Blazefeather~ (Rawrimmadino) - Snow white she-cat with a red ear and red feather like marking on cheeks, 1 eye red and 1 eye blue.
-Foxwhisker~ (Foxwhisker) - Slim, orange tabby she-cat with front white paws and light blue eyes; former leader of SwiftClan.
-Icepelt~ (Ajkicius) - Smokey-grey she-cat with jet black splashes all around, white underfur chest muzzel and tail tip. Icy-blue eyes.
-Feathercreek~ (Appaloosatlc) - Black she-cat with orange splotches scattered over the coat.
-Goldenfur~ (Captinnibbs)- golden furred tom with blue eyes.
-XX~ (Clawtalon) -
-Spiderheart~ (courbrew) blue eyed tom, with grey pelt with darker grey paws and ear dark grey right ear.
-XX~ (Dolcekittyxo) -
-Honeynose~ (Honeynose)
-XX~ (Koekixmonste/Xxtimefangxx) -
-Larkfeather~ (Larksoul)
-Cloudclaw~ (Lightcatmous) - She-cat with bright white fur, crystal blue eyes, and gray paws.
-Brightmorning~ (Pinkdaschund) gray and white dappled she-cat.
-XX~ (Polarleaf) -
-Ringclaw~ (Ringclaw) - Orange tom cat with a scar running across the face from an old fight with black sots of fur.
-XX~ (Spicemich) -
-XX~ (Sufinlovee) -
-XX~ (Swagmousing) -
-XX~ (Sweetteethz) -
-LightningStorm~ (xLightHeartx) - Tom with Gray pelt with a streak of yellow across the pelt. Emerald eyes.
==
-Bumbleflame (Redfeatherz) - Brown and hazel tabby tom with darker brown stripes and yellow-green eyes.
-Lilywhisker (Redfeatherz) - Shortish-furred hazel/tan cat with creamy white belly and parts of face. Has white cross shape over face (Similar to Tallstar's Design on Face).
-Autumndawn (Redfeatherz) Ugly grey/hazel she-cat runt with uneven, messy length fur with somewhat longer tail fur. Partially albino with one red/pink eye.
-Thrushfur (Redfeatherz) - Tom cat with brown, ruffled fur and yellow eyes.
-Venomfang (Lettucestar)- Dark red she-cat with sleek fur and a small scar on her front right paw. Light brown eyes.
-Shadowdancer (Lettucestar)- Red tom with a black belly. Thin with long legs and has dark brown eyes.
-Shadefang (Koekixmonste)- Tom with dark grey fur and a darker tail, white ear tips. His eyes are a bright yellow with a hint of hazel.
-Creeksoul (Lastgolden)- A black she-cat with thin fur and bright green eyes. She is tall and thin for a female cat.

***APPRENTICES***
-Featherpaw~* (Annaish) - brown fur and blue eyes.
-Coyotepaw~* (Coyotekitz) - Brown tabby with green eyes, black stripes, and white paws.
-Ravenpaw~* (Pyromule) - Black tabby tom with a single white dot.
-XX~* (Jewelgirlz) -

***KITS***
-XX~* (Xxhoneykitxx) -

The angels of our clan and the darkness in our hearts
***Star Clan***
No forms submitted
***Dark Forest***
-Heartsong (Redfeatherz) - Albino she-cat with creamy-white fur and pinkish eyes.
-Ironfang (Lettucestar) - Massive dark grey tom with silvery blue eyes. Has three scars down his flank and sleek fur.
-Redtail (Lettucestar) - Small and lithe tom with light red fur and caramel eyes.
-Skullclaw (Lettucestar) - Albino medium-sized tom with stark white fur and red eyes.[/b]

~ indicates a fursona (main character).[/#ALLEGIANCES]

[#FORM]

Form-
-PutYourCharacterNameHere (TfmUsernameHere) - AndTheGender/DescriptionHere
Other Info:

Example:
Redfeatherz wrote:
Form-
-Redkit (Redfeatherz) - Redish-brown, tall, and thin she-cat, darker ear tips and stripe down the back, creamy belly and tail tip, and green eyes.
Is it a Fursona?: Yes
Other Info: No

*Note: Fursona is basically your main character and the character that represents you. It defines your tribe rank.

[/#FORM]
Redfeather
Redfeather
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum